Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your aspiration of building the leading companies of tomorrow with your desire for a genuinely value-driven workplace?
Novax is on a growth journey and needs to strengthen the team with an Investment Associate who can play a key role in all phases of the investment processes as well as support the portfolio companies in a broad range of projects.
Novax’ mission is to invest in and develop venture- and growth companies with ample potential to both become significant businesses and contribute to a better society. Investments are primarily pursued within four focus sectors where there are structural challenges and potential to make a lasting impact; Health & Wellness, Technical Security, Food of the Future, and Digital Infrastructure for Retail. Novax aims for being the thought leader in those sectors and partners up with companies that are, or have potential to become, industry leaders and driving forces of change. Today, the portfolio consist of 25+ companies across the Nordics and Northern Europe.
As an Investment Associate you will be active in several of Novax' sectors. You will both support the existing portfolio companies and assess new investment opportunities together with colleagues. You will have the opportunity to take an independent role in projects working directly with management teams in the companies, and to learn more about investments, business strategy and corporate governance.
The role includes
- Strategic market analysis, deal origination and investment evaluation
- Execution of M&A transactions; leading due diligence workstreams
- Development of portfolio companies; leading strategy work and supporting in operational projects
The right candidate will have a degree within Economics and / or Industrial Engineering or similar.
In addition, you will have:
- 1 -4 years of work experience from Management Consulting, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Experience of financial and strategic analysis
- Fluency in English and one other Nordic language
- Communicative and relationship building
- Humble team player with cooperative mindset
- Genuine interest in building companies and creating value
- Driven and proactive
- Commitment to drive positive change
- High degree of curiosity and analytical ability
Novax is an active and long-term partner that invests in and develops industry leaders, primarily in the sectors of Health & wellness, Technical Security, Food of the Future and Digital infrastructure for retail. Novax' investment model is flexible, which means that we make both minority and majority investments across the entire range from Venture to Growth, and the geographic scope is Northern Europe. Novax' work is characterized by a focus on building long-term successful companies. Wholly and partly owned companies include Academic Work, Accessy, ApoEx, Apohem, Aqua Dental, Bruce, Datema, Filippa K, Hedvig, Leeroy, Matsmart, OneLab, Personalkollen, Prolupin, RCO, STC, Unloc, Ulrick & Short and Voyado. Read about Novax at www.novax.se.
Novax is a subsidiary of the family company Axel Johnson AB. Learn more about the Axel Johnson group at www.axeljohnson.se.